Sign in to follow this  
Dazzler

[designer] bulleted list vertical alignment

Hi Lovely Affinity people!

Does anyone know if there's a way to correct an alignment issue on a bullet list. The text is sitting slightly lower than the bullet in my bulleted list. Is there anywhere to adjust this (either with a baseline setting that doesn't affect both bulet and text at the same time, or whatever)? I can't seem to find anything. Or am I going to have to create the bullets as a graphic and place them separately?

Cheers,

Darren

I think I've just found my problem. I have a character style applied to the bullet to get a coloured bullet, and that is making the font size of the bullet bigger than the text, which has another character style, making it sit high. 

I think I was trying to get a larger bullet size as well as colour, but I'd got confused in there somewhere and ended up with the same baseline settings applying to both the bullet and the line of text, meaning when I changed the bullet font size it sat high, but adjusting the baseline was affecting both the bullet and the text, stopping me from aligning it. I realise now that it's possible to have a separate character style on the bullet and the text itself, making alignment possible with the baseline setting.