You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Fill layer PDF export bug

mykee

@Joachim_L Ok, but this project include copyrighted photos, and I will never share my project to a public place. I will send to a developer, if need this.

But try this:
- create a new project with bleed

- insert Fill layer in Photo persona

- export to PDF with bleed and cropmarks

No problem mykee. I see what you mean, seems to be a bug, but I have a workaround for you.

The incorrect fill layer happens only, when you set up a document with the default bleed of 3 mm. Test it, make a new document with 3,1 mm bleed and the fill layer works or as a workaround, change in document setup the bleed to 3,1 mm and add the fill layer anew. This works for me.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Great thanks for tip! :)

Yes, I use 3mm bleed for printing, this is a standard for bookmarks here.

I used an other trick: rasterized this fill layer, and resize this. But Fill layer will better, because hasn't any dimensions of this layer.

The trick is, do not leave the default bleed as is, when you create a new document. Type in again 3 mm at document setup and it works. Or alternatively change the bleed of your existing document to e.g. 4 mm, add the fill layer and change the bleed afterwards. The fill layer will shrink back to 3 mm.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

@Joachim_L I tried this latest trick, but not worked me :(

- I deleted old fill layer
- changed bleed size from 3mm to 4mm
- added fill layer
- change bleed size to 3mm
- export to PDF
and results is same as before :(

Try with a bigger photo: place to top of project, and will be bigger as canvas and bleed. Try then fill background with fill layer.

One of those WTF moments. After your last post I tried again and it failed. A few new documents later my workaround worked again. So I am sorry that my workaround was no workaround for you, just an accident / pure luck. :(

So one more bug for the developers to fix I guess.

------