markbowen

New groups should ask for name when creating…

Hi,

Not sure if this has been requested before or not but would be nice if when creating (for example) a new brush group that a name dialogue came up for the group so you could name it there and then. Currently it just names all new groups Brushes and then you've got to remember to go back in after to change the name.

As we can't import any brushes at the moment due to the bug I've been having to re-create a lot of my brush sets by hand (no mean feat at all) and this would just speed up the process no end.

It would obviously be a help even not in this instance though.

It's possible there might be other places in the interface where this would be useful too.

Thanks,

Mark

On 8/23/2019 at 9:07 AM, markbowen said:

It's possible there might be other places in the interface where this would be useful too.

Indeed, fx 'Add document palette' ... I always name items instead of living with names like 'Unnamed' but to rename it you have to return to the same drop-down menu and select rename there. 

"Men are like sheep, of which a flock is more easily driven than a single one."

"Experienced vector artists and infographic designers will find a noticeable lack of the more advanced tools found in Illustrator CC." (source)