You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Tables still not stable in latest version 1.7.2 Mac

Burndog

The following screenshot shows a number of issues...

• Note the top three rows showed up on their own.
  • The Second column can not be resized or the App goes into a spinning beach ball and requires a Force Quit.

It seems Tables are not ready for Primetime, unfortunately.

Running the latest version of Apple OS.

:-(

Affinity PublisherScreenSnapz001.jpg

I would like to add that the previously reported bug is still there that when I copy/paste from excel it tends to add an empty column to the right of the pasted fields, even if the copied cells are exactly the same width/hight in excel and publisher. I have a table where I with a number of rows and columns with data, in here I want to replace a column with copied text from excel and it will add an empty column as well. Tables are not ready for the kind of work I do with it unfortunately and I hope you are looking into this, as I would rather not go back to indesign but I have to. 

On 8/29/2019 at 8:32 AM, Jon P said:

Hi @Burndog

How are you creating these tables?

Are you able to attach a file that demonstrates the issue? Like the crash when resizing etc

Thanks

Hello,

I don't have the old file as I wasted too much time trying different things and then moved back to InDesign to complete the task. BUT I have tried to recreate today and just run into other issues with tables.

The general workflow is to use the Table Tool from the vertical tool palette to draw out the initial table. Then select a couple of rows and columns and paste in the data. 
Next, I Cut the text in the first row and column to put back in (via paste) after removing superfluous columns. Now the issue is I can no longer select row/column #1 which is Merged so as to only be 1 row with all merged columns. I have attached the file, video and a screenshot that also shows some other issue in row 3 column D.

Screen Shot 2019-09-02 at 12.43.39 PM.png

tableTest.afpub

• Staff

Thanks, I can definitely see what's happened in that file, but I'm still struggling to reproduce getting a table in that state from scratch.

Are you pasting in the data from excel? If so any chance of attaching that excel file? Also, are you just reoving the superflous columns by right clicking, then clicking Delete Column(s)/Row(s)?

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Hey Jon,
Originally I had problems with Tables not properly parsing pasted tab-separated data. The data comes from an accounting program that allows copying to clipboard. It provides too many columns so I need to delete some. In the original problem (earlier version of Publisher) the raw copied data would not work unless taken into a text editor then exported as "stylized text". I've created a file that has the original text formatted within (attached).

Currently, I only use a contextual click command for Merging cells. Otherwise, I am using the headers to click and use the resulting options for deleting columns.

ExportedData.txt