You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Stroke / Layer fx requests

I would like to be able to copy a layer style and paste it onto a new layer.

I would like to be able to add cascading strokes (literally the only thing I've used Photoshop for over the past year is to add staked strokes to make a comic book style text pop, and the very reason I won't use Illustrator for anything and immediately hopped on the Affinity train is the fact that it's impossible to automatically easily do this, oh and like the interface just sucks less for Affinity, and all kinds of reasons that made this suite appealing.). I would like to be able to use this to create an expanding coastline echo outline, where every other outline is clear. Right now, I don't actually know I could create my expanding coastline echo in Affinity. I realize my description might be a bit vague, so I'm going to link to a couple of examples of art I've done. I draw fantasy maps and comic book art mostly, and so I often apply layer styles to outline a piece of art.

Multiple outlines on text

expanding echo coastline

Both of those are examples of things I would like to be able to achieve by hitting a couple of extra checkboxes in Affinity. It's basically the same concept, except one of them allows you to have transparent spacing between the lines.

I would also like the program to remember the settings I just used for the last layer style fx, so when I open the panel to add a stroke to another piece of text, it automatically applies what I just did before, instead of nothing.