You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi Ej2019,

I have found the forums very useful in answering any problems I might have and reading other posts can be informative.

When in the forum, I click on a topic to read it, then after scrolling past any other replies there will be a posting box (text box) at the bottom with your name icon . Click in it and write your comment. When finished hit submit reply. 

See screenshot. 

I hope this helps. image.thumb.png.ee8febd89026b10af4688ba02ddaae93.png

The header of this topic leaves room for user error, but when you read the actual post only the technique is put to blame.

I don't know if the 'Is it just me?' question can be answered with 'yes', but i can say that for many users apparently it isn't a problem (just look at the number of posts as well as the number of replies for a typical post).

Affinity Photo - Affinity Designer - Affinity Publisher | macOS Sonoma (14.2) on 16GB MBP14 2021 with 2.4 versions

The forum header Newbie may indicate the true clue for OP frustration and search for a clear response for help.  

I am amazed by the knowledgeable responses, provided by many; however, one may understand frustration cause by reading each post, hoping to find their needle in the haystack.

My take is 99% of responders are 100% devoted in helping the ones that may not even know what is their problem. Search is hit or miss, especially when you cannot identify the problem. RNKLN don’t give up, the ship is 90% above water.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

On 8/23/2019 at 12:28 AM, Silver06 said:

When in the forum, I click on a topic to read it, then after scrolling past any other replies there will be a posting box (text box) at the bottom with your name icon . Click in it and write your comment. When finished hit submit reply.

Alternatively, you can click on the ‘Quote’ link at the bottom of a post to include it in your reply, or highlight some text and press the ‘Quote selection’ button that appears (as I have done here).

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Yep

1 hour ago, AlainP said:

@Ej2019  ... I think it is.

Yep

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection