You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo 1.7.2 crash

MacBook Pro 15" 2018 model with Touch Bar, macOS 10.13.6, AFP 1.7.2

I was working either with a Levels or Curve adjustment layer attending to out-of-gamut areas of a soft proof when AFP crashed.  I wasn't doing anything I haven't done many, many times before.  Several other .afphoto files were open in the same session.  Here is the crash log:  Affinity Photo_2019-08-22-231523_RRL-MacBookPro15.crash .

Richard Liu

MacBook Pro 16" 2021 M1 Max | macOS 12.3.1 | BenQ SW271 | Affinity Photo 1.10.5

This began happening to me prior to upgrading to 1.7.2. When I first began using this version my issue seemed to be resolved, however, it is back and worse than ever. The condition is variable meaning I can perform an action and not have an issue and then for no apparent reason the program will crash. I have changed sequence of actions to see if that had something to do with the crashes, but I could not come up with anything consistent. 

The crashes have occurred using levels and sharpen mostly, but with other actions as well. I have not had the issue (yet) working on an AF file only with JPG and PNG files.

Let me know if you want me to upload an error report to compare to Richard Liu's - although the message says it is being sent in for review.

I am on a Mac 10.14.6 

Thanks.

@Janutsa,

16 hours ago, Janutsa said:

I have not had the issue (yet) working on an AF file only with JPG and PNG files.

I use Affinity Photo to develop my RAW files, never to edit JPG, PNG, etc.  So the crash occurred while working on an .afphoto file.

the message says it is being sent in for review

I think that that message might have been generated by macOS.  In that case, it would mean that the crash log is being sent to Apple, not necessarily to Serif.

I am on a Mac 10.14.6

I am on macOS 10.13.6.  If I understand correctly, some of my problems stem from errors in Metal that have been corrected in Mojave.

Richard Liu

MacBook Pro 16" 2021 M1 Max | macOS 12.3.1 | BenQ SW271 | Affinity Photo 1.10.5