You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Please spare us one click in Appearance Panel! :-)

Hi there,

the Appearance Panel is a great addition, for sure! :)

But would it be possible to spare the user one click when a menu or fly-out button is clicked directly? I have the following in mind. Currently, when I want to access the Stroke Properties and I click the (hyperlink-style) button that brings up the Stroke Style fly-out directly, my first click will highlight the Stroke Properties entry in the panel list (it receives a blue background), and I have to click the button again to bring up the Stroke Style fly-out. 

I would be happy if clicking the (hyperlink-style) button would at once highlight the entry and bring up the flyout. As it is clear that when I target the button, I want to change the stroke style, not do something to the attributes list, such as reordering. :)

It’s really tedious that one always has to highlight the list entry before being able to make any changes to the attributes. There is plenty of space for initiating the alternative action, i.e. selecting the entry without bringing up a menu or fly-out.

Thank you for your consideration.

Alex