You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have been working on graphic novels, which has had me regularly hopping from one persona to another, and using a constant input mix of touch screen, surface pen, mouse and touchpad (version 1.7.2 of Photo, Design, Publisher, on Microsoft Surface Laptop with latest W10). Here are some input issues that I have encountered.

- Sometimes Publisher just stops taking drags. Can choose layers, objects or menu items, but can not resize, draw lines or move anything that involves a mouse drag. Restarting the program sometimes helps, sometimes I need to restart the computer.

- Sometimes when I use a menu item such as the opacity slider, the program takes no further inputs before I click the slider away, as if the slider was a popup window with priority.

- Sometimes I can not select a specific object or menu item with a specific input device. I have found no consistency with this, bus basically I try to click on something and it won't register the input, so I try my options of mouse and touch inputs until I find the one that was somehow required. This feels like a hardware issue for all I know, but has not happened in other programs.

- Pasting an image from clipboard creates the layer with the intended image, but I can find no trace of the image on the work area. I resolve this by saving the image and placing it from the file.

- Placing an image sometimes doesn't give a preview as I drag the mouse to shape the area, and often resizes or even rotates the image. I found no way to help this but readjusting the image.

- Not a bug but there is no touch scroll for the Pages view, this has me regularly selecting and throwing pages about with my thumb.

Thanks for the otherwise great programs!