You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Serious issues with 1.7.2 vs 1.7.1

Today I built and edited a file in 1.7.2. It contains a combination of linked files and image groups. I used StudioLink throughout the process to edit pixel layers and correct colours.

My computer was slowing down so I restarted it. When I reopened the file, layers and pages appeared as if I hadn't done any work at all; linked images and image groups were as if they'd been reset to their original appearances. To troubleshoot, I opened the file in 1.7.1. There, it looked just as I'd left off in 1.7.2. However, I no longer had access to StudioLink so I had to edit the pixel layers by copying and pasting into Photo then copy / pasting back to the embedded file in Publisher.

This is a serious issue for my workflow. I'd like to step back to 1.7.1 until there's a fix for this, however my versions of Designer and Photo were purchased at the Mac App Store and I'm not sure how to step them back to the previous versions.

Below are images that show the difference between the two files... Help?!

Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 7.48.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 7.45.42 PM.png

For additional background, the images were originally put together by a colleague in Photoshop.

I've never had an issue in the past with dropping Ps files into Affinity apps—the only issue I've seen is with Color Fill layers, which behave weirdly.

Also, I've noticed that the file loads in 7 seconds in 1.7.1 when the app is closed compared to 45 seconds in 1.7.2 when the app is closed. 

Jon, here are a couple more files for troubleshooting:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l39sty4fkvbwqzp/Troubleshooting 1.7.1.afpub?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vrfp4ylebuawbvq/Troubleshooting 1.7.2.afpub?dl=0 

I've found that by hiding some of the layers that aren't showing properly, the page headers that aren't visible will reappear. 

• Staff

Hi randomjames,

I was looking at the other files from the other thread yesterday, I can reproduce that and I'm fairly certain it's an issue we are aware of (it effects the Photo persona), although the trick to fix files isn't working in yours so I'm just doing a bit more investigating.

The latest post you've made looks quite like the 1.7.1 and 1.7.2 troubleshooting files.

The only thing I'm struggling to see here is from your OP in this thread, that file for me looks similar between 1.7.1 and 1.7.2, so I'm not sure if I'm missing anything there.

Either way I am looking into this, I am 90% sure that this is an issue we are aware of, and am trying to see if there's anything I can do to "fix" the files for now to keep you working in 1.7.2, but I'm glad you can go back to 1.7.1 if needed for now (although I understand it makes using StudioLink awkward).

I'll update you if I have more info, also feel free to upload the latest file you have shown screenshots of to the same dropbox.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

3 hours ago, Jon P said:

The only thing I'm struggling to see here is from your OP in this thread, that file for me looks similar between 1.7.1 and 1.7.2, so I'm not sure if I'm missing anything there.

You may be referring to the afpub, so you can disregard this, but if you mean you can’t spot the difference in the images posted in the OP, this is the one difference I see: the last three mockup pages have a girl with a light-pink shirt on the left in 1.7.2, whereas it is the same darker T-Mobile pink on all examples in 1.7.1.

Edit: now that I look at it yet again, I see that the shade of pink is rather uneven across multiple examples in 1.7.2 as compared to 1.7.1. There is even a dark pink that is nearly maroon.