You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

crash on tapping space

margoh

Hi,
i had that issue once on publisher 1.7.1 but it disappeared after restarting my laptop. Now after updating to 1.7.2 win7, it occurs all the time.
so here is my bug:

i can write a word, but once i press "space" when writing text in a textfield or the "no-box"text , publisher crashes to the desktop.

i can press space in a new textfield without problem, but when i enter text before it, the crash occurs.
i tried solving the issue with reboot, and a full new start, no help.
I thought it might be the size of my document, but the issue occurs in new documents as well.

PC-details: Lenovo thinkpad p50 with 4k display, Win7 x64

-not yet- updatet aff. designer and aff. photo do not show that behaviour.

crash-logs state this:

Process Architecture:    x64
Exception Code:    0xC0000005
Exception Information:    The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.
Heap Information:    Not Present

please tell me, if you need more information on the issue,
thanks in advance and for the otherwise very nice software solutions you provide!

additional information: after updating (which came with an unsuspected restart) the program failed to start once correctly, but since then, besides the issue mentioned above, workes as usual

• Staff

Hi @margoh,

Can you navigate to %AppData%\Affinity\Publisher\ and rename the 1.0 folder to "1.0 Backup", then reload the app and let me know if you still get this behaviour?

If you do, it's a bit of a stab in the dark, but go to Edit > Preferences > Auto-Correct and disable all the options in there, then let me know if you still get the same.

If renaming the above folder does fix it, can you zip up and attach the backup folder so I can look into what caused it.

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Hi @Jon P,

13 hours ago, Jon P said:

Can you navigate to %AppData%\Affinity\Publisher\ and rename the 1.0 folder to "1.0 Backup", then reload the app and let me know if you still get this behaviour?

This solved my problem! I would be interested into why, though to avoid running into it again. Even if i know the fix now. Here is the Backup-folder as a zip.
Thank you very much, for the easy solution and the swift reply!

1.0 Backup.zip

• Staff

I was hoping to reproduce it with your program settings (what the folder we renamed contained) but haven't been able to, it's crashing in an area that deals with switching string case, so as I suspected I think it's something to do with auto correct.

I'll see if we can suss it out from the crash reports I have, but let me know if it happens again.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

• 8 months later...