You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1 Font not exporting to PDF correctly (Windows 10) - probably not a problem with AD!

Hi,

Really weird problem, when I have "Arial Bold" text in an Affinity Designer document and I export to PDF the text in the resulting PDF document is all changed to random characters.

I have 3 copies of AD on 3 Windows 10 PC's and the same problem happens on 2 but works fine on the other.

I tried installing the Arial fonts from the computer that works to 1 of the computers that fails but that didn't help.

See sample AD and output pdf attached.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ray

untitled.afdesign

untitled.pdf

All of your embedded fonts in the document are TrueType fonts, except for the faulty Arial-BoldMT, which is Type 1. Why is only this font Type 1?

bold-type1.jpg

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

• Staff

Hi ray223,

This has export to PDF fine for myself on both Mac and Windows.  So it will be something to do with the copy of the font you have.

I'd suggest deleting it and reinstalling a fresh copy and it should be fine then :)