You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

300th InAffinity YouTube tutorial

I took a break over the summer and have now restarted, just passing the 300th video.

I aim to do one video of about 5 minutes per day, with content varying from beginner to expert.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOnLUmyPHr2rayOHVHWsHVw

Yay!

Dave Straker

Cameras: Sony A7R2, RX100V

Computers: Win10: Chillblast i9 Custom + Philips 40in 4K & Benq 23in; Surface Pro 4 i5; iPad Pro 11"

Favourite word: Aha. For me and for others.

What an incredible milestone! I have only just started my YouTube journey myself, so seeing this is a big motivation boost for me!

@dmstraker I've subscribed to your channel, looks like there's a lot of neat tricks to learn from you! :6_smile:

@melior64
Always Learning | Always Improving
Website   |   Twitter   |   Instagram   |   YouTube

Great content, you are a good Youtuber

There is a petition: I hope to learn some advanced techniques, such as creative synthesis, color grading and other advanced creative techniques, because every time I see a cool picture, I can hardly imitate the technique it uses. 
The feeling of powerlessness made me very bad.

2 hours ago, Poto Lucky said:

Great content, you are a good Youtuber

There is a petition: I hope to learn some advanced techniques, such as creative synthesis, color grading and other advanced creative techniques, because every time I see a cool picture, I can hardly imitate the technique it uses. 
The feeling of powerlessness made me very bad.

I started with Affinity Photo after years of struggling with Photoshop. The official tutorials gave me a great start. I then started reading everything I could get about photo editing and watching lots of videos. Mostly Photoshop, but much is the same. I also just kept experimenting, trying random stuff to see what happened.  And I'm still learning (producing videos is good for this too!).

Power comes from play and practice. Don't worry -- you'll get there!

Dave Straker

Cameras: Sony A7R2, RX100V

Computers: Win10: Chillblast i9 Custom + Philips 40in 4K & Benq 23in; Surface Pro 4 i5; iPad Pro 11"

Favourite word: Aha. For me and for others.

I hope so. 
Not spending time will not have the expected result.

I want to be a designer. 
I will try to be the person I want to be.

15 hours ago, dmstraker said:

I started with Affinity Photo after years of struggling with Photoshop. The official tutorials gave me a great start. I then started reading everything I could get about photo editing and watching lots of videos. Mostly Photoshop, but much is the same. I also just kept experimenting, trying random stuff to see what happened.  And I'm still learning (producing videos is good for this too!).

Power comes from play and practice. Don't worry -- you'll get there!

• 4 weeks later...

Congrats on your milestone !! Woo-Hoo!

Glad I found your channel - just subscribed.

There is so much to learn in photoshop. Right now, I'm having fun with Designer.

I'm building my tutorial library!!  See my YT channel: 

www.youtube.com/channel/UCU_Y96iOVu_M-f1xWDEN2TA

Looking forward to your next video. :-)  Jen

Check out my Youtube tutorials and my Skillshare course on Affinity Designer:
This link allows you to watch the course for free: https://skl.sh/32qtnRt
YouTube tutorials for Affinity Designer: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU_Y96iOVu_M-f1xWDEN2TA

• 5 months later...
On 8/21/2019 at 6:46 PM, dmstraker said:

I took a break over the summer and have now restarted, just passing the 300th video.

I aim to do one video of about 5 minutes per day, with content varying from beginner to expert.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOnLUmyPHr2rayOHVHWsHVw

Yay!

I do believe I watched most, if not all.  Thank you for your dedication to provide guidance to those in need.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection