You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Dialog boxes too tall for screen size

Stan G

Some of the dialogs are a bit too tall for my computer's native resolution. The bottom of the dialog is below the bottom edge of my screen, or under the taskbar. If I try to move it up, I can grab the top and move it just a bit but not far enough sometimes to reach the "Okay" or "Cancel" buttons. If I'm out and about with just my laptop this will be a problem. If I'm at home and able to plug into my large external monitor, then it won't be an issue. I'm sure I could change the resolution or something but that just messes up every other program on the computer. If the dialog were made to have a built in scroll bar if it's too tall, then it would be more universal.

Affinity Publisher bug.png

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, JimWelch said:

Can you reach the button, if you change your task bar to "auto hide"?

It's not a fix, but at least you can click "OK" button.

Thanks Jim. That could be a quick fix here and there. It seems that gives me JUST enough room to click the bottom button on this dialog. I'm not sure if there is another dialog in this program that could possibly be taller (which would make this problem even worse). I may use this option if I have to do a lot of text work. I just HATE auto-hide with my taskbar though.  :D

11 hours ago, haakoo said:

Or put the the taskbar at top of screen

Haakoo! Thanks for the good idea. It kinda does work. It seems like I can typically click the okay or cancel button. BUT if I have to move the dialog (to see the changes as I make them) then it jumps down a bit and hides those buttons again.