You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Done every thing recommended but studio link still not working

DavidMac

I am using Publisher Beta 1.7.2 458

App Store Photo 1.7.2

App Store Designer 1.7.2

OS X 10.14.6

All have been opened and run. They are not apparently registering with Studio Link

I get the message asking me to install and run them.

Where do I go from here?

David Mac

• Staff

@DavidMac

StudioLink in Publisher Beta only works with Designer beta and Photo beta.
The wording on the publisher StudioLink beta dialog should mention requiring a beta of Photo and Designer, but this went in very late.

StudioLink in Publisher Release only works with Designer release/trial and Photo release/trial.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

My bad .......... Apologies to all ...............

Hadn't realised that Publisher had a new release version. Just installed it and all working perfectly. It's great. Although I would be much happier if Studio used my screen layouts for Photo and Designer. 

Now I have to learn publisher. I can see some happy hours ahead ............ 

Patrick your post just crossed with mine. I just discovered this for myself. Sorry to have bothered you.

While I have you 'on the line' so to speak. It really would be much easier of Studio recognised our personal screen layouts for Photo and Designer. They must be accessible to Studio. 

• Staff
28 minutes ago, DavidMac said:

Patrick your post just crossed with mine. I just discovered this for myself. Sorry to have bothered you.

While I have you 'on the line' so to speak. It really would be much easier of Studio recognised our personal screen layouts for Photo and Designer. They must be accessible to Studio. 

I see that as a strong suggestion. We should try harder to make at least the initial layout match the users current default. Thanks for the suggestion

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

1 hour ago, Patrick Connor said:

I see that as a strong suggestion. We should try harder to make at least the initial layout match the users current default.

That would be great! So much of what we do in these kind of apps is instinct based on 'knowing where the buttons are'. :)