You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Public Beta (1.2.1.26106 RC1)

Wow, it's already at RC1… I didn't think it would be ready this soon, exciting! 

I was really anticipating a fix for the transparent canvas after a document is already created. If we forget to check the "transparent background" box when creating a new document, it seems impossible to go back unless we move the contents to another file that already has a transparent background.

It would be nice to pull up the checkerboard background at any time. Maybe RC2?

Thanks!

RAW Engine - easy to fix, please please please fix

I feel like a cracked record, you have a massive opportunity to take a bite out of Adobe with a better product, I love the software idea and want to use it, but how can I? You seem to need to change my photos to what  you want. Could you just let me see what I have taken with my camera? Why is this so difficult? Why do you need to drastically alter the RAWs? As you can see again, on opening Affinity is doing almost -2ev exposure compensation to make it look what you think it should look like. the Exposure shows 0 alteration but as you can still see its completely different to the original as shot. The photo was overexposed on purpose to show symmetry and lines. I have posted 5 times about this!

post-10229-0-61287500-1435117606_thumb.jpg

I wouldn't expect Lightroom to support AP natively!

The exposure export bug will be dealt with before release naturalblue :)

Andy.

So Lightroom won't support .afphoto and APB won't support saving to PSD.

Therefore I will have to continue to using PS my photo editor, as it is extremely troublesome to have to keep exporting out to psd then closing the file I am working on an reopening it in APB to make sure I am using the correct version.

For any that wishes to use Lightroom as there collection/RAW editor and AP as there photo editor this will cause a lot of issues.

People will want to edit there files and have them just appear updated back in their Lightroom catalogue.

I understand AP is a RAW editor too but at the moment it doesn't have the catalogue type features a lot of people need.

I have to say thats unfortunate and disappointing, especially as it could be so easily added. Maybe even if it saved to psd and afphoto at the same time. That way all info was saved.

Fantastic but still missing save TIFF or PSD with layers. For me the condition to buy AP

Missing tiff, but not psd. 26185 certainly does psd with layers and has the exposure layer bug apparently fixed since I was able to load a multi-layer psd file produced in APB in Elements.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.