You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I recently downloaded the trial version of AD and am a complete newbie. I need to make a drawing of a floor plan that is 46 feet long and 15 feet wide by actual measurements. I'd like to make this drawing fit on standard 8.5 x 11 inch paper in landscape mode. I need to show various features of the floor plan, like doors, counters, appliances, etc, to scale. How can I do this easily in AD? I could do this years ago quite easily in MacDraw, which had a very simple way to set scaling. If I cannot do this easily in AD, I won't be purchasing it. Thank you for your help.

• Staff

Hi CRogerTill and Welcome to the Affinity Forums,

At the moment we don't have an option to set a drawing scale.  

However, you may find some tips on this link  The user MaxClass has explained how he created his floor plan using Affinity Designer and also included a sample file.

Stokerg, thank you for your reply. I checked out the link you provided for MaxClass' explanation on how he was able to scale a floor plan using AD. I tried using his suggestions but they did not work for me. Perhaps it was because I'm using a Trial version of AD. At any rate I found another app called EasyDraw that had scaling features built in. I downloaded it for $0.99 and after some exploration, I was able to complete the drawing I needed in a couple of hours. Since I'm not a professional who needs all the features of AD, I will not be purchasing it. Thanks again for your effort to help with this issue. In the future, if AD has an excellent scaling feature, I may reconsider.

• 4 years later...