You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Vanishing "Search" input in Help menu

I cannot tell exactly how or when, but Search input vanishes from Help menu in Affinity Publisher 1.7.2:

962666937_VanishingsearchhelpAP1.7.2.png.7015e627ec3c965b2b28c2994401f6b3.png

After restarting Publisher it is back there...

2079384205_VanishingsearchhelpAP1.7.2ishere.png.8625563549031e1e15ddac0a329f78ad.png

Another fishy/indicative detail to notice is that the question mark for help shortcut is using different font when search input is gone.

Or this... search input is here, but shortcut is not in the menu...

740980781_VanishinghelpshortcutAP1.7.2.png.b2d93ab4b4d83656fb3968d4fbe8c6b9.png

It might matter or not but I have noticed it vanishing when working with a document that uses table of contents. I cannot claim that there is a clear corellation.

Publisher was reset fully a couple of days ago.

Anyone else experiencing the same?

Alex

Mac Mini M1, mac OS Ventura

Affiñititos, how about a roadmap? (but with v2.1 efforts ... massive, tremendous improvement!)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes. At this instance, only Designer (v1.7.3) was missing the box. Restarted it, opened the same file, and the box was back.

(apps opened at the time & checked: Finder, Firefox, Affinity Photo, MacDown)

Alex

Affiñititos, how about a roadmap? (but with v2.1 efforts ... massive, tremendous improvement!)

I saw it just a couple days ago in Publisher beta 1.8.0.499. I thought to report it, but when I restarted Publisher, the search box was back. Thus far I can't figure out what steps to get it in this state. I have the vague idea it is related to changing to or from full screen mode, but I can't replicate it when I try to play with it. My theory is that the search bar is cut off on display because of an incomplete change in the state of full screen mode. I have seen issues with the hidden menu not appearing as it should with the full screen mode of other apps as well.

6 minutes ago, Aleksandar Kovač said:

Here, fullscreen mode was in the game, too!

It appears you were not in fullscreen mode at the time you made the screenshot. Maybe you had just come out?

Also, do you use the monochrome icons? I ask because it appears the various controls are grayed out. Even the window controls (close window, minimize, fullscreen) are grayed out. Do you remember having some kind of modal window open at the time?

1. Yes, just out of fullscreen for the screenshot. Not sure whether input box was missing during fullscreen (it is possible). On the other hand, I am sure that the input box was there before in the session and that it went missing during the session, and that window was fullscreen and windowed at various times during that session.

2. I use monochrome icons (set in Designer prefs) and Graphite appearance (set in system prefs/General). This is why, when window is selected, window controls appear grayed out.

Alex

• 4 months later...

More missing help search occurences.

This time, no fullscreen was involved. Apps (1.8.2) have just been reset by starting with CTRL. I was in the process of adding new shortcuts, searching for a menu entry and noticed help search is missing in 2 out of 3 apps. Designer behaved, Publisher and Photo did not. Restarting apps gets them back, no problem there, but the phenomena could be an indicator of a deeper problem.

image.png.dfa6c559405baa6ef8bdd269bf3269b0.pngimage.png.061ad7a5c298f0096c6e2183f2435541.pngimage.png.1bd0e4734b4ac5828cb63e2daada28db.png

Alex