You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

ich kann mein publisher-Dokument nicht mehr öffnen.

---> Isn't there a German-speaking support page for publisher ? I like your software, but when it comes to troubles like the one I just report I wish the software had an automatic document saving routine with a copy somewhere I could continue working with.

Wolfgang Germany

Fehlermeldung Publisher.tiff

Hallo Wolfgang, eine Sicherungskopie wird meines Wissens nicht angelegt. Wohl aber bietet der Publisher nach einem Crash an, die Datei wiederherzustellen. Was deine Fehlermeldung zu bedeuten hat, können vielleicht andere erklären. Ein rein deutsches Forum gibt es hier nicht, aber genügend deutsche Nutzer und auchdie Entwickler machen sich tatsächlich die Mühe fremdsprachige Forumsbeiträge für sich zu übersetzen und darauf auch fremdsprachig zu antworten. Vielleicht können die Entwickler auch alle perfekt Deutsch? Man weiß es nicht. ;)

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

1 hour ago, Wolfgang Roth said:

an automatic document saving routine

As Joachim mentioned there is only 1 document state saved at a time.
It appears we can set its interval in the app prefs > general:

933191635_recoverysaveintervalpreference.jpg.b7c9a364050ca140307d6881bb4e3709.jpg

On mac these data appear to be stored in a complex set of files at

~/Library/Application Support/Affinity Publisher/temp
~/Library/Application Support/Affinity Publisher/autosave

In case you are on mac and using Time Machine you can find hourly states of these folders in your Mobile Backups folder on your system volume.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

• 1 year later...

Hello, 

I'm very disappointed about the no-autosave function in publisher. I thought that Affinity publisher save all works like any other programs on Mac. That isn't so. I've lost my work of 3 hours. That's really horrible. Isn't there anyone who can tell me, in which way I get back my document. I haven't found the temp issue and in time machine I don't know how it works. I hope someone knows an answer. I don't want to save every minute by myself. 

Uwe 

I use an iMac with 13.1.2, catalina doesn't work on my Mac (2011). 

Hi Uwe Königsfeld,
Welcome to the Affinity Forums!

As mentioned above there exists a kind of auto-save function in APub. With an according interval setting it would avoid to lose the work of 3 hours in case of a crash and would restore at least most of the work when the app gets relaunched and if then a possibly appearing restore option doesn't get deselected.

However, this auto-save feature doesn't replace the need of saving the document when the app gets closed manually, in that case it will pop up a warning message and ask / offer to save each unsaved document before closing the app.

An additional option can be enabled in the menu "File" to save the document History with a document before closing it. If activated it will offer the entire undo-history in the history panel even for earlier sessions, for instance of other days. (If deactivated this panel displays the undo-history for the current session only.)

1 hour ago, Uwe Königsfeld said:

save all works like any other programs on Mac

I suppose this experience is related to Apple's apps only as parts of macOS, e.g. TextEdit, Preview, iTunes, QuickTime Player, Safari.
It does not exist for all apps on a mac, respectively not for "any other program", e.g. Adobe or Microsoft apps in my experience.

2 hours ago, Uwe Königsfeld said:

I haven't found the temp issue and in time machine I don't know how it works. I hope someone knows an answer.

I don't understand what you mean by "temp issue", maybe you can tell details?
For Apple's Time Machine maybe this article helps:  https://support.apple.com/HT201250

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1