You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can't rename swatches

I cannot change the name of any swatches in any document. This worked for awhile, but now the names are stuck. If I click "rename" I will see the name I actually set come up in the rename dialog, but the name in the list will not change. I've tried everything except reinstalling. I can only think this is a bug.

Steps:

1. Create document palette
  2. Create global color
  3. Set as "spot color"
  4. Try to rename the color

• Staff

Hi Leighton,

I've just tried this myself and it seems to be working. Could you attach the document you're using please? Also how exactly are you renaming the swatch? The right click menu for each Global Colour with Spot swatch offers two names - the Spot Colour Name and the Global Colour name. If you rename Spot that doesn't change the name in the list - that is purely to name the Spot Colour that gets exported to PDF. Renaming the Global Colour does change the name in the list.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/21/2019 at 4:39 AM, Sean P said:

Hi Leighton,

I've just tried this myself and it seems to be working. Could you attach the document you're using please? Also how exactly are you renaming the swatch? The right click menu for each Global Colour with Spot swatch offers two names - the Spot Colour Name and the Global Colour name. If you rename Spot that doesn't change the name in the list - that is purely to name the Spot Colour that gets exported to PDF. Renaming the Global Colour does change the name in the list.

Wow! Can't believe I missed that in the context menu. Thank you for pointing that out. Yes, renaming the global colour name changes the name in the swatches panel as expected.

Sorry for the unnecessary post. :$