You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo Export PSD & Retain Editability ?

When exporting from Affinity Photo to PSD format with the maintain editability option checked, everything gets rasterized and fills, borders, non-destructive effects are all lost ... Yet I can open a PSD created in Photoshop in Affinity Photo and all the effects and editablility are retained?

Thanks

Ok, after trial and error I have worked out that the bevel/emboss effect in Affinity results in exported PSD with 'maintain editability' setting to be rasterised.

Strangley though if I create a file in Photoshop and use apply the bevel/emboss effect to a layer or shape for example then save to PSD, when I open the PSD in Affinity it includes the editable bevel/emboss effect.

5 hours ago, stokerg said:

Hi @MCFC_4Heatons

I see your other thread here has had a reply from @GabrielM and he's confirmed this is a bug that's logged with the Dev team :) 

Yes, I think the same issue is there when youapply the 3D effect in Affinity also, altnough I'm not sure if there's a direct replacement for 3D effect in Photoshop? It seems similiar to bevel/emboss?