You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bleed and Artboard. Is that a bug?

Hi Guys just notice this. If a create a new file and I select art-board I notice i can add bleed but you can’t visualise them. You can’t even select in the export section to include them. But if I create a new document, adding the bleed and then converting the page to an art-board, even if I can’t see on screen the actual elements beyond the edge in the bleed area I can’t select them the to be included in the PDF and so in this way I can have bleed.

Is this a bug or is this wanted? Eventually happy to have found a bug to be fix.

M

5 hours ago, Sean P said:

Hi marcoborghesi,

Unfortunately these are two known issues that are with development: That Bleeds on artboards don't display or update, and also that they don't get exported when using Document > Export. I'll get these bumped with development.

I see thank you for the update Sean

• 2 weeks later...

So if the Bleed isn't exported with Document > Export how is one supposed to export an item including the bleed - which is, of course, absolutely essential for any document being sent to a printer that has full colour to the document edges?

We really need to be able to see the bleed on-screen when designing a document and also be able to see it, with crop marks, on Export.

Issue: can't create Bleed on artboard Document. 

A possible workaround: Create a new document (no artboard). Set bleed. Add artboard (if you need one). Note adding artboard means you can no longer adjust the previously set Bleed but it will still be there and visible. When exporting you turn on Show Bleed/printer marks etc. PDF will show Bleed and print marks.

B0CEDB5D-6C45-461A-BEA4-EB63D9C93391.jpeg

948AC711-8077-4345-A8C4-BF59100FDADA.jpeg

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/