You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Rendering bug on images

Hey, I've discovered something weird with pictures I placed inside my pages while viewing it inside AP as well as on exporting.

It appears, when I zoom in on the pictures (see attached file). It looks like the zoomed in version on export as well. The pictures are pixel layers inside a group.

Also I had other visual bugs that seem to be resolved after I closed and re-opened the file (which is why I don't have any screenshots).

• Inside the page viewer the thumbnails of pages with only a big image inside displayed colored rectangles (blue, green, brown, etc.).
  • A picture I layed some effect layers over appeared glitched when zoomed out (the further out the bigger and heavier the glitches). Glitches were chunks of image from other projects (really, really strange) and text symbols (I think they were light blue?). This one was really weird...

Not related to images but appeared when I tried to save the file as a new one (in fear I corrupted something):

• It told me it was unable to save the file (displaying the old file name instead of the new one, though) because of an error

What is going on? The document has a lot of large image files and around 25 pages.

Affinity_Publisher_Displaybug.png

Hi,

sorry for the late reply. I uploaded the complete file. The mentioned group is on the second last page. I opened it today to check if the issue persists and had another (new) display bug: One of the other images (a cropped duplication of another image in the same document) being very blurred. It displayed in the document and the page viewer. A close and reopen solved this.

Edit: I should mention it doesn't "Fail to render" completely. Rather the images in question become a clump of pixels as if the image has been "compressed"

Thanks for the support!

• Staff

It looks like the pixel layers inside these groups have become corrupt, they only display when zoomed out because we are displaying a sampled version of the pixel layer that's saved in the file, if I copy and paste into a new document/rasterise them nothing appears. So when we come to export we don't see to have the information inside the pixel layers to export.

How did you create these pixel layers (the dice specifically)? I'm keen to know if it's possible to reproduce as that's the bug here, so any information on how this happened is really useful.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

• Staff

Thanks, I've copied over the bits that seemed to get corrupt and can't reproduce it happening, so it should be fairly easy to workaround. I can log the file for the developers to look at but since the damage seems to have already been done to those pixel layers it will be a lot more useful to reproduce how it happened.

If this happens again whilst you work let me know

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com