You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

working with affinity photo out of publisher

hello pundits and connoisseurs of publisher,
when finishing up for print of jobs in publisher i sometimes have to swith rgb images to cmyk. as affinity offers the ingenious possibility to work in photo right out of publisher i tried that. unfortunately it doesn't seem to be possible to change an image from rgb to cmyk in that way. when going to change the colour profile it says cmyk but when i check in photo directly the picture is still rgb.??? unless - of course - i am too stupid to find the right way of doing things :x
any assistance would be greatly appreciated, greetings,

tomas

I am assuming you have a linked image that you have placed in a Publisher document, and after you change the color profile in Publisher, you go back to the original image in Affinity Photo, and there you find that the color profile has not changed. If I am on the wrong track, please let me know. I am answering based on that assumption.

There may be some confusion here on what exactly the new "StudioLink" does. I think it may be helpful to understand that it only means that the toolset of Publisher gets expanded to include most of what Designer and Photo has if you also those two programs. That's really all there is. If you have placed an image from Affinity Photo into a Publisher document, and then you switch to the Photo Persona within Publisher, whatever changes you make to the image with those tools still do not affect the original linked image, just to the copy of the image that is in the Publisher document.

If that is in fact what has happened, no worries. It seems a common misunderstanding concerning StudioLink.

You won't be able to do it this way, but:

• You can open your images in APhoto ans save/overwrite them after converting them to CMYK (and APub will notice and ask to update them in the resources manager),
    for this, you need to modify/dupplicate your images, or import/replace with CMYK version,
  • or you can convert them while exporting to PDF (check the export settings),
    you don't need to modify or dupplicate your images this way.