You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi Manoj Sudhakaran :)

Could you please provide a screenshot of your workflow for me - including the crash?

If you're unsure how to record your screen, please see here - https://support.apple.com/guide/quicktime-player/qtp97b08e666/mac

A copy of your crash report would also be useful, please go to Applications > Utilities and open the Console app. Crash Reports from our apps can be found in the User Reports section. You can Right Click the required Crash Report and select Reveal in Finder and attach this here along with your recording, thanks in advance!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• Staff

Thanks for that Manoj :)

From what I can see in your crash report, it appears as though Metal Compute is potentially causing the crash. Could you please open Affinity Photo>Preferences and then select the Performance tab and provide a screenshot of your settings here?

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

• Staff

Thanks for that, could you please uncheck Hardware Acceleration and restart the app as prompted. Try using the patch tool once more and see if the app crashes.

If you're still finding the app crashing, please return to Performance and try changing the Display dropdown to Open GL. You can also try lowering both the View Quality and Retina Rendering to help speed things up if you wish :)