You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

custom vector shape brush / line

Hi,

I am looking how to achieve an easy way to draw a line that consists of regular pieces of shape - there is a straight line of 3,5mm that is curved with sharp corners with regular distance.

I tried to show on the picture - up is desired output (now achieved by placing the same object one by one and turning). Below is the line (approx) which could be drawn and converted into desired output. putting one by one is intense...

Any idea?

Thanks!

image.png.8081f440b806f8fb14434074869f65dc.png

• Staff

Hi Vaasek,

Welcome to the forums :)

I'm not sure if I have understood your issue correctly would the Pen Tool do what you are looking for?

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

For my issue - let's say, I am looking for a brush pattern / style, that creates curve which consist of straight lines of defined length and has a perpendicular separator line - see my line above (red one).

4 minutes ago, PixelPest said:

Just click - not click&drag while tracing from point to point with the pen tool:

Sorry, I was not clear. I have no problem to click it like this. My problem is how to easily create the red line, where each segment is of the same (and defined) length.

• Staff

Hi vaasek,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
There's no automated way to create or convert the curved/drawn line to the output you want.

You may be able to achieve this with a brush (I'm not sure about keeping the same segment length in all situations without checking a few things first) but the output will be raster based because the brush must be based on an image of the segment with the perpendicular small line included/attached to an end (which is then repeated along the path). There's no way to create a brush from vector objects currently.