You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Reassignment of Dodge,burn brush and sponge tool

I'd greatly appreciate any advice you may be able to offer on this one,I was creating a watermark for some photo's and have some how assigned my water mark to the dodge,burn and sponge brush tool,every time I click on it that brush tool  icon box it comes up with my watermark,all other icon boxes are working well.

Many thanks for your help.

• Staff

If your watermark is a brush, select the brush from the Brushes panel and right click > Edit brush. Under Associated Tool, this wants to be set to No associated tool.

Try opening Preferences > Misc and select Reset Brushes to see if this resolves the issue. You could also try Reset Default User Defaults, but you may wish to export/backup any custom settings you've done first. Another way to reset the app, hold down the CTRL key and open, when the window appears, release the key and click Clear.

If it still occurs, is it with just the one document or does it happen even if you create a new one? Can you provide a link to a file for me to check?