You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export TIFF with bleed?

Maybe I missed a few things over the years. A TIFF could have a bleed? Where to set this up? Or does this option moved unintentionally to the "More" section for export?

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

• Staff

Hi Joachim_L :)

A TIFF can be exported with bleed and therefore this option has been added to the 'More' options at export since Publisher introduced viewable Bleed options -

image.png

There's no option to set bleed in a new document in Affinity Photo, however any document with bleed (ie an .afpub file) will be honoured on import and export. I hope this clears things up :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• 1 year later...
  • Staff

Hi @GraphicsByGreg,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble!

Can you please confirm for me, does your document contain Artboards?

Can you please provide a screenshot of your export settings, including the 'More' option with TIFF selected?

Many thanks in advance :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Hi!!   Sure! Here's a flyer I made....  I placed a FUCHSIA BORDER IN the bleed....  so it is very visibile if rendered....   I have export set to TIFF CMYK --- INCLUDE BLEED.  

2 Screenshots...and the actual TIFF file.   

#1.  It would be great for any feature outside of PDF to actually include the bleed since it is an option you can click on.  
#2:  I WOULD LOVE to SEE what is in the bleed at all times! WHY is it CROPPED??! It'd be cool if the BLEED MENU had an "Opacity" slider... 

Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 8.58.14 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 8.59.30 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 9.05.43 AM.png

Jackie_Kashian_060821_End_of_Times.tiff

• Staff

Thanks for the screenshots - I can see your document is using an Artboard and I believe this is a known issue when exporting an Artboard to TIFF with bleed.

Please select the Artboard layer, then press delete - you should be asked if you want to 'Keep or discard' the objects, select Yes to keep the objects and you should now see the document is using a single canvas, rather than Artboards.

Exporting the document to TIFF should now retain the bleed. As mentioned this is a known issue, so I'll get the development report 'bumped' now for you.

I hope this helps :)

That would be REALLY cool..... if "include bleed" option worked with literally every other option along with PDF... hahaha!!!   

I don't know if I can do the "No Artboard" option JUST to be able to use bleed...  I LIVE by the artboards!!!  It's one of my favorite aspects of Affinity!!  :)

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Thanks for updating us here @TonyO & my apologies for the delayed response.

I can confirm this is still logged with our developers as a bug, and I'll be sure to 'bump' this for you now - our apologies for any inconveniences caused here due to this.

On 12/15/2022 at 5:56 PM, TonyO said:

Along with the bleed setting, could you also add the option to include marks as well? Bleed is more useful with crop marks.

I will be sure to log this separately as an improvement request with our devs for you also :)