You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I like the new embedded Option in affinity Designer, but where in hell can i find the managing panel for embedding or linking the pictures??? Many times the pictures are not proper linked anymore, when i open a file, for which reason ever... Please, i spend hours to check every menu and search the net for solutions.. I gave already multiply times global authorization for the pictures... 

Thanks Dirk

Bildschirmfoto 2019-08-20 um 08.24.45.png

3 hours ago, Hesh-Art said:

I like the new embedded Option in affinity Designer, but where in hell can i find the managing panel for embedding or linking the pictures??? Many times the pictures are not proper linked anymore, when i open a file, for which reason ever...

As far as I know there is no new option for embedding vs linking in Designer, and Designer is always supposed to embed images. The only reason there's any support for linking, again as far as I know, is so Designer can open files that were created or modified by Publisher.

There is no Resource Manager available in Designer unless you have opened such a file and Designer has discovered that a linked file is missing, or updated. Then, during Open, it will let you access the Resource Manager. At other times you cannot access it.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

Hi Hesh-Art

Does clicking on the Global autoriseren on the error not resolve the issue?

@walt.farrell Is correct with his advice, you'll only get the option to use a the Resource Manager in Designer if a linked item is missing.  Your error looks more like a permission issue than a missing linked resource.

Yes perfect, this windows shows up for permission issues.. but it seems as a random popup window, even for projects i just started, and i didn't change any folders or picture names... and in the permission window it ask if the picture should be linked or imbedded... still don't know why and how it happens... I tried to change a picture name on purpose, but i can not recreate this issue... Sorry, for my bad english description... hopefully you understand what i tried to describe...