You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Automatic heading anchors, clickable hyperlinks

Hi, I'm trying out Affinity Publisher's trial to figure out whether I should buy it or just use LibreOffice (which seems fiddly with frame and image stuff). I'd like to make a couple of suggestions and find out if any of these are planned soon or if there's something I've missed:

1. LibreOffice (and probably others) allow you to link to paragraphs that use a heading paragraph style without needing to manually make anchors for each one. This is most easily accomplished through its navigator, which automatically makes an hierarchical outline of the document's headings, from which you can click and drag to insert a link to that heading into the text.
    1. Suggestion: Make the anchors the Table of Contents tool creates human-readable so that you can easily link to TOC'd headings from within the text. (This does require that the anchors not get deleted and remade when the TOC is updated unless their text has actually been removed.)
      1. Alternatively: Provide a tool to let you designate paragraph styles that should get anchors or lets you create (and destroy?) them as a mass operation.
      2. Alternatively: Automatically create anchors for all heading paragraph styles.
  2. Hyperlinks in Publisher don't seem to be clickable on-page. The hyperlinks studio/panel does list links and provides a pair of tiny, grey-on-grey buttons in the bottom corner to jump to links and their anchors, but this is slow because it requires several clicks (especially if you don't have "All Spreads"), extra mouse-movement (especially if you doc the panel and make it tall enough to show lots of links), scrolling (if the panel isn't tall enough), and thinking (to find your link in the list).
    1. Suggestion: Ctrl/cmd-clicking on a link should take you to its destination, especially if the destination is an anchor in the document.
      1. Bonus: Allow the hyperlinks panel to sort by alphabetical or by occurrence in the document instead of just alpha.
      2. Bonus: Regular-clicking a link in the doc should select it in the hyperlinks studio.
      3. Bonus: Clicking (with a modifier like ctrl/cmd) a link in the hyperlinks studio should take you to it in the doc, and another kind of click should take you to its target.

For the hyperlinks studio, I found a comment elsewhere detailing a number of places that could be improved: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/86132-“show-hyperlinks”-missing/&do=findComment&comment=457739

Thanks for reading! Please let me know whether or not any of this is planned and, if so, if it's coming very soon (next month or so) vs further in the future.

Edited by Tegwyn
fix formatting