You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unexpected brush format

dmmmd

Thankfully they're aware of the issue. Had the exact same thing happen the other day too and posted about it.

Post about bug :

Hopefully it will get an update soon as I'm really swimming without a paddle at the moment! :-(

Best wishes,

Mark

@dmmmd

See if these import in 1.7.2

Tested in 1.7.1 but I have not upgraded to 1.7.2 released product as yet

Edit: 21/08/19. File removed. corrupt upload, see below for new file

Edited by carl123
corrupt uploaded file

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

@dmmmd

They should have worked.  Looks like it was a corrupt upload.

I've tested downloading this one after uploading it, so give that a try when you get a chance

(I will remove the previous one)

20_Sunshine_Brushes.afbrushes

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Affinity Photo - Updated to 1.7.2 and all additional brushes no longer appear and I am unable to add any additional .abr brushes which I was previously using under 1.7.1
These show -  unexpected file format -  when attempting to import brushes files(.abr)
Moved from Adobe due to update errors and this is urgently needed or I will have to rewind versions.

mac 10.13.6 High Sierra

• Staff
On 8/24/2019 at 6:07 PM, vips said:

Affinity Photo - Updated to 1.7.2 and all additional brushes no longer appear

Hi vips, do you mean your brush categories are blank/empty? If so I've seen this reported by a couple of other people on the forum since 1.7.2 was released. 

Welcome to the Affinity Forums.

Hi what appears to be a "standard" set of brushes are available in the brush list but all the additional manually added ones are no longer there. Additionally I get an error message "unexpected file format -  when attempting to import brushes files"  I have since reverted back to 1.7.1 and I am able to add the same additional brushes again using the brush import menu. The import works on 1.7.1 but not on 1.7.2 on either mac I have. A 2010 iMac on 10.13.6 and also the latest 2019 MacBook Pro on 10.14.6. I have attached a video of the import error and photo of brush list and error message