You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Since version 1.7.2.471, my graphics plugins from AKVIS no longer work

Hello everybody,

I am the proud owner of all Affinity Windows Desktop programs.:)

Now I downloaded and installed all current versions (1.7.2.471) at the weekend. I noticed that Affinity Photo no longer supports my graphics plugins from AKVIS and stops the process with an error message.

In version 1.71 .... everything worked perfectly. Does anyone have an idea what that can be?

Best regards Viruskiller

P.S. sorry for my bad English:(

Plugin-Fehler 2019-08-19.png

my PC configuration:

Windows 7 64-Bit, 8 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GT 630 4GB RAM

@Viruskiller

Welcome to the Affinity forums.

Which Akvis plugins do you have?  On my system, both NatureArt and Decorator work without problem in Photo 1.7.2.471.  (I also have Magnifier but that has never worked a s a plugin for me.)  Those three are the only Akvis plugins I have.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

Hi Jeff,

I have the following plugins from AKVIS:
Airbrush, ArtSuite, ArtWork, Chameleon, Decorator, Draw, Enhancer, HDRFactory, Lightshop, Magnifier, MakeUp, NatureArt, Neon, Noise Buster, Oil Paint, Refocus, Retoucher, Sketch, SmartMask, Watercolor.

Except for a few can be used in a graphics program. In version 171.xxx these plugins worked correctly.

my PC configuration:

Hi.

Thanks for the update. Because I don't have the majority of those plugins I can't comment directly, but, as I wrote before, NatureArt and Decorator both work without problem for me in the latest release version of APh.

I notice you mention Magnifier and imply that it has worked for you as a plugin.  Is that in APh?  Because I've never been able to use it as a plugin there.

Jeff

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

• Staff

I've tested a few Akvis plugins in the 1.7.2 version of Affinity Photo and they are working fine. Check to see if your document is set to 8Bit as some may have issues with 16Bit documents. If they still error, it may be worth reinstalling them.

@emmrecs01

Hello Jeff,
this is one of the plugins that previously worked only as a stand-a-lone application. There are a * .8bf and a * .8li file in the program directory of the plugin. Here I suspect that it works only in Photoshop as a plugin.

What surprised me is the fact that the plugins worked correctly in the previous version (1.7.1.xxx).:o

@Lee D

Hello Lee,

I will reinstall all plugins once. But as mentioned above, it has indeed worked correctly in the previous version

my PC configuration:

I have just reinstalled all the plugins. I still only receive the error message. In version 1.7.1.404 everything worked correctly

I will test for the next few days APh and some plugins to install on my notebook. There is Windows 10 Home 64-bit installed.

my PC configuration:

@Viruskiller

I still only receive the error message

What is the wording of the error message?  That may give a clue to why you are unable to use the plugins.

Jeff

@Viruskiller

Yes, I realised soon after I had posted that the message was in your first post!  Sorry.

I wonder whether this is a message from APh, or Akvis, or even Windows itself?  Hopefully, a developer/Serif staff member will see this thread and let you know what is the possible source of the error. I have to admit I've never seen an error message like yours before.

Jeff

Hello everybody,

the problem has just solved itself. It probably had to do with the operating system. I have been running my PC for 3 days. Basically, that's not a problem.
But Microsoft had probably put on an update sometime in the night and no longer message for a restart. I just did
accidentally restarted my PC - I always do that when he was in operation for a very long time - and now all plugins work again.

Thanks to all who wanted to fix the problem with me. :)

The thread can be considered done and closed.
best regards
Viruskiller

my PC configuration: