You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Blurs applied to group not maskable?

Could be something silly I'm doing or not understanding properly or a setting I've overlooked ;-) ...

but...

I had some circular shapes which I grouped and then applied a Motion Blur live adjustment layer to the group. That worked fine and the blur works.

I then went to mask out some of the blur but the mask never does anything. Dragging the mask out of the group and above it instantly applied the effect I was looking for though.

Screencast attached.

Thanks,

Mark

Brilliant. Thanks very much.

Thought it may have been my misunderstanding of how things work as AP just keeps on amazing me with new things every day.

Don't stop the fantastic work Serif, it is seriously appreciated.

Best wishes,

Mark

What is this smudge which shows up (suddenly at about 11 seconds) on the Motion Blur layer?

1419348730_ScreenShot2019-08-19at8_00_35AM.thumb.png.b420ffa17b6618a35151216acd279957.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Okay, Just want to say I am seeing none of this, neither the blur disappearing nor the mask painting black, here on the desktop OS 10.14.6

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Actually not sure if this is perhaps related also but if I apply say a motion blur to a group then it doesn't just affect that group it's also affecting any layers beneath it also which is a real pain at the moment as I have to merge down lots of layers in the group in order to be able to apply the blur (or whatever effect) to just that one layer. I haven't tried everything but it was also doing it with Levels and HSL adjustment layers too.

I'm guessing it's possibly the whole suite of adjustment layers though which is a real shame so hopefully this can be fixed soon.

Have attached a video showing what's happening. Actually can see it's when I have the highlights layer which is basically a black filled layer set to Colour Dodge and which just has white painted into it. If you switch this layer off then the blur only affects the group like it should be. As soon as that layer is turned back on again then everything beneath gets blurred too. Not too sure why though?

Best wishes,

Mark

Ah okay thanks. Glad you're aware of it as it's really limiting what I can do (and I'm guessing others too) so hoping for a fix fairly soon ;-)

Tell the Dev guys they're doing an absolutely stellar job though and not to stop. Affinity Photo is definitely the killer app to Ado•e!! :-)

Best wishes,

Mark