You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

justified print

Hi,

I have an issue with the justified print in Publisher.

Unlike the last line of a paragraph, lines with a soft break will be stretched across the whole width of the paragraph. Since this quite frequently leads to very ugly lines, I cannot imagine this is intended. (I also tried the same in InDesign, where the line breaks work just fine.) (Made a mistake there, ID does the same)

Even if you do not consider this a bug, there should at least be the choice to set the line right.

Thanks, Georg

3 hours ago, GrosseFreiheit said:

(I also tried the same in InDesign, where the line breaks work just fine.) (Made a mistake there, ID does the same)

I think you have not made a mistake there. In its default mode, InDesign usually will try to compensate with the rest of the paragraph if it has enough text to work with. That’s a benefit of the multiline composer feature that I have been advocating lately. Here is a video clip demonstrating the effect of adding a line break in InDesign with its default multiline composer on the left and the single-line composer on the right:

Publisher does not have a multiline composer, but it is akin to the “Adobe Single-line Composer” on the right. What you are describing in Publisher is not a bug, but rather a limitation of the single-line method.