You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

v1.7.2 Crash on Save as... with same file name

thomaso

Unfortunately the crash on Save-As with same file name came back to me. It just occurred with a new created .afpub in v.1.7.2 – (just 8 pages, text flow, a few rectangles).

v172 text flow with masters.afpub

The further conditions are the same as described in this previous thread (which seemed to be solved with beta v.458):

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @thomaso,

Any change to this in the 1.7.3 beta?

It was always a bit tricky to reproduce, and I reproduced something similar which was fixed in 1.7.2 so it's a shame it didn't seem to completely resolve it for you.

Are you still on the same Mac version as before (10.12) ?

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Unfortunately no change with beta v.475. It was the first thing I tried, with a new, empty document.

I wonder what could have been different here when it worked for about 2-3 times as reported on 14th Aug, lasting 5 days only, in v458. – Do you have an idea or know anything I could check to detect why it did work for that moments?

Yes, still macOS 10.12.6  (... I won't upgrade because of some app compatibilties)

• Staff

Not off the top of my head if I'm honest, a fix went in for 1.7.2 so it was nice to see it resolved it, but the fact it then broke again means what was fixed in 1.7.2 probably wasn't what you were experiencing.

I'll have another go at reproducing this when I get time, but I'm 99% certain it is a 10.12 specific issue (not expecting you to upgrade or anything, just clarifying)

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

• 1 year later...
On 9/11/2019 at 4:35 PM, Jon P said:

I'm 99% certain it is a 10.12 specific issue

@Jon P, meanwhile I use macOS 10.14.6 and this crashing bug still happens – in current beta v874, too / but as noticed a while after my initial post, only in Separated Window Mode.

Different to this report for Windows OS it occurs to me even with a new, entirely empty .afpub (I haven't tried Ad / APh).

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...