You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Icon drawing process。(ipad)

jilkyking

Unless you don't care about being pixel perfect or, depending on the artwork, want to export to svg then personally I would never use AD for icon design. Even more so if you're creating many of them. I did try my best to think of a way to use AD but I just can't unless I'm OK with it taking multiple times longer than currently and limit what the artwork contains.

When I say you can't make it pixel perfect, you obviously have snapping for the initial drawing of an object but you can't retrospectively snap. As for SVG's it depends what you do, but add a drop shadow for example and it exports that as a png not as an svg filter which is no use. It completely breaks down if you want to create multiple sizes of an icon per file as I do. This is why I've yet to drop AI and that's ignoring things like the often requested select same which I use all the time for icons. If 1.7 changed either of those things then ignore me but I didn't read that they had.

Also how does it look at actual icon size? It's "easy" creating a huge icon, but that doesn't mean it works at real sizes. 

Marc

ArtByMarc.me

55 minutes ago, VectorVonDoom said:

Unless you don't care about being pixel perfect or, depending on the artwork, want to export to svg then personally I would never use AD for icon design. Even more so if you're creating many of them. I did try my best to think of a way to use AD but I just can't unless I'm OK with it taking multiple times longer than currently and limit what the artwork contains.

嘿~ VectorVonDoom,非常感谢你观看我的视频,我也很认同你的观点。我目前的工作内容,AD基本能满足我的需求,我的工作内容更多是平面设计,对于像素的要求不会太高。

感谢你的建议,如果以后我能做UI设计,希望能。

Hi~ VectorVonDoom, thank you very much for watching my video, and I agree with you. My current work content, AD can basically meet my needs, my work content is more graphic design, the pixel requirements are not too high.

Thank you for your suggestion. If I can do UI design in the future, I hope I can ask you.

I come from China.  I am not good in English.  :4_joy:

My youtube:Jinyu