You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I have a file that is a image that has text over the top. I have created it in Affinity Designer. The photo is high res (927 KB when i cut n paste it in. Looks high res when i am working on it and the print file is only 90cm square (the original photo was way bigger).

All looks good until i try and export to pdf to print. The photo pixellates and becomes only 67 KB in size the whole file. Any idea what i am doing wrong. There is no question in forum addressing it that i could find.

Appreciate someones help.

Al

coasters example.pdf

coasters example.afdesign

• Staff

Hi AlTay,

Welcome to the forums :)

I've downloaded your .afdesign file and I can see your design currently measures 21.3mm squared. This is why you're seeing pixelation upon export and a small PDF file.

I've opened Document Setup and converted your document to 90cm squared, ensuring objects is set to Rescale. Please find this document attached!

573a0d663817685324d2533e93d2f94b.gif

coasters example resized.afdesign

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

yes. i thought was missing something. still getting use to AFF. thanks so much Dan for your promptness. Something else you may be able to help with. How do i set up AFF so when i open documents the settings are always in mm (not like the default of picas)  and set to 300 dpi ... (vs comes up 72 dpi).

Al

• Staff

No problem at all, happy to help :)

You can create a document preset with Millimeters as the Unit and 300 DPI as default and save this as a custom preset which can be used at any time from the New Document menu. I've included a quick screen recording of this below!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!