You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

I am using Affinity Designer on my Mac desktop and my Assets Panel only shows in the left side tool bar (I would like to add it to the tool panel on the right too) and the only choice in the dropdown menu is iOS12. Can you please advise?  I just installed the new update.  I'm new to Affinity Designer and taking a tutorial on how to add assets.  I need to add some things I will be using regularly but it is not possible at the moment.  I love this app!  I just want to get on with using it.

Thanks!

• Staff

Hi Bella C,

Welcome to the forums :)

10 hours ago, Bella C said:

my Assets Panel only shows in the left side tool bar (I would like to add it to the tool panel on the right too)

Unfortunately it's not possible to have 2 versions of the same Studio open at once, however you can drag the Studio from the default position on the left hand side and dock this panel wherever you prefer.

10 hours ago, Bella C said:

the only choice in the dropdown menu is iOS12

The drop down menu shows you your available categories, this is not the menu to import further asset files, hence you're only seeing one category at the moment.

Please use the '3 tiered' burger menu in the top right corner of the studio, then select 'Import assets' from here. I hope this helps!

35c572fdd7d8fe25c456676a0482d2bb.gif

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!