I would like to see an option in the font manager to not only "substitute" a font but to permanently exchange it for another font. Since "Find and Replace" only searches for existing fonts this is of no help. Only the font manager finds non-existing fonts - but will not replace them ... :-( (or I missed out another option to achieve this goal)

Cheers, Timo

iCore i7-3770, 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, Windows 10 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher latest final & beta
http://www.timobierbaum.com

I think ‘Find & Replace’ should be able to find missing fonts, but perhaps permanent substitution would be a useful option, too. (I’m used to the way it works in Serif PagePlus, where substitution is always temporary but F&R can find missing fonts if required.)

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.2.471 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.2.153 • Designer for iPad 1.7.2.6 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

How would you enter a font name that is not in the font-list offered by Publisher? (and if you type it you'll most likely misspell it anyhow ;-)) ... The font manager already knows about missing font ... so you would only have to exchange the action "Substitute" for the action "Replaced by"

iCore i7-3770, 3.50GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, Windows 10 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher latest final & beta
http://www.timobierbaum.com

6 minutes ago, DarkClown said:

How would you enter a fontname that is not in the font-list offered by Publisher?

Just like the font manager, the F&R mechanism could identify fonts that are missing. We simply need a ‘Missing’ category for the Find box so that we can find those fonts and replace them.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.2.471 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.2.153 • Designer for iPad 1.7.2.6 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)