You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unable to import from iCloud

BLKinOR

I am only getting “please try again” when I try to import new from iCloud.  I get the same thing when I try to “place” from iCloud.  Once in the many times I tried I got a message I think said “unable to connect with helper.....” I am able to place from photos.

On 8/21/2019 at 3:45 AM, GabrielM said:

Hi @Hoot24,

Can you please attach a screen recording of our whole workflow? Please make sure you turn "Show Touches" on from within Photo's General Preferences. 

Thanks,

Gabe.

Yeah not real comfortable posting all that in public.  But there really isn't much to show.  I open Affinity Photo on ipad, tap the "+" in upper right corner, tap "Import from Photos", then scroll through my listed/shown albums until I get to the album I'm looking for, maybe four (4) scroll drags for this particular problem, then click on album, then click on the photo I want to load into Affinity Photo.  The photo never loads and I get the spinning message that states "Loading From Photos".  Then nothing happens.  I have to completely close the Affinity Photo app then relaunch it to be able to use my iPad again.  All this since the most recent update.  Worked fine before.

@GabrielMI experienced something similar when opening from Dropbox. I got the loading spinning wheel and had to force close AP. I used Files to access Dropbox, tapped on the image to view it. Closed Files, and then used AP again to open from cloud. This time it worked perfectly.

This is repeatable. If the file on Dropbox shows a cloud symbol then AP goes into a loading loop. Tapping the image in Files downloads it, after which it will open in AP.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

Not to jump in this thread, I had same problem. I added a Skill, which now enables me to click Photos picture, edit with Affinity Photo.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

4 minutes ago, Cecil said:

I added a Skill

I know about adding shortcuts on iPad, but how do you add a “skill”? ears.gif

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Affinity Photo Shortcut Apple Photos.  I am attempting to provide link to Shortcut that allows me to open Edit With Affinity Photos on my IPad Pro. If links fails to open correct shortcut I will delete link.

https://www.icloud.com/shortcuts/c83a25ca312647b190e9ba5f7696d3a0

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

10 minutes ago, Alfred said:

I know about adding shortcuts on iPad, but how do you add a “skill”? ears.gif

6 minutes ago, Cecil said:

Affinity Photo Shortcut Apple Photos.

Ah, OK. Thanks for that: it looks as though we’re talking about the same thing!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

14 hours ago, GabrielM said:

Hmm... We understand it's an issue but struggling to replicate it. @DM1, any chance you can attach a screen recording in case we're missing something? Also, what OS version are you running? iOS 12/13? 

Hi Gabe, not much to show on a screen recording, just the spinning icon denoting loading.

iOS 12.4 (as per sig :)).

I tried again today with several photos I had on Dropbox, all with the little cloud symbol. This time when AP opened Files app, and I navigated to Dropbox and tapped to select the file, a Dropbox download symbol appeared, the file proceeded to download and then opened normally in AP. Yesterday, instead of downloading occurring first, Dropbox switched straight to AP with ever spinning loading symbol appearing in AP. I think this was the issue. The file hadn’t downloaded so there was nothing to open. Does AP have to initiate a download? I really have no idea. Maybe this is a Dropbox or network issue? I'll keep an eye on it and let you know if I have a repeat of this issue.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/