You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[Duplicate] poor performance with Wacom Tablet (without quicktime recorder)

tariq

just to mark a thread for anyone else who's having performance problems with Wacom tablets

I previously posted a thread making a link to Quicktime screen recording - apparently the issue occurs without screen recording too - see bottom of that thread

since the original post, Photo and Wacom software has updated but the issue persists

My Wacom Tablet is toast, Wacom refuses to update driver for Mojave OS.  I hope Sidecar, in Catalina OS will allow my IPad Pro to replace tablet.  

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

2 hours ago, Cecil said:

My Wacom Tablet is toast, Wacom refuses to update driver for Mojave OS.  I hope Sidecar, in Catalina OS will allow my IPad Pro to replace tablet.  

hi @Cecil - what do you mean Wacom refuse to update the driver? I'm not an expert but I have seen several updates since Mojave including a few days ago.

Is there a specific issue that affects Mojave that they're not fixing? If so would you be able to share some info as I'd like to chase Wacom too if that is the case.

Specific to model Intuos 3, PTZ 1500.  I talked to Wacom and they stated no new drivers would be provided.  It worked great on latest Windows 10; however, my computer died and I updated to my first iMac.  Little did I know that the tablet would not work.  My APC XS 1500 is Windows only, no macOS Power Chute software'  It works, just no software to alert of power failures and status, etc., on iMac. Front panel provides some info. It has some capabilities in macOS Preference that can be set.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection