You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

It's still present on Windows, but perhaps there's a Mac issue.

image.png.601f4e46dafca1d458de7af5c6b210da.png

However, your screenshots were from different raw images. Is it possible that the one with 1.7 was taken with a different camera that's not supported by the raw engine you're using? Perhaps that information is only present when the camera and/or lens are supported.

Or, is it possible that in 1.6 you were configured to use the Serif Labs raw engine, and in 1.7 you're using the Apple raw engine? Perhaps the information is present only when using the Serif engine.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

11 hours ago, Lee D said:

In the Develop persona click on View > Customise Toolbar, you can drag RAW part onto the toolbar or drag the default set back to the toolbar.

A bit off topic but when I opened the Customize Toolbar drop down to add the RAW Readout item, I noticed that (I believe from a bug in a previous version) I had 2 "Auto White Balance" buttons & a "Baseline Grid" button. I assume all 3 should be deleted, right?

FWIW, the grid button has no effect but the auto one darkens the image greatly, & has no History panel entry.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Can I go back to an older version where all the tools are still on my screen? I'm so aggravated. I LOVED Affinity photo and I hope to love it again. Stop making things so difficult. I spend all my (limited time) trying to find the tools I need. And now I'm out of time. :(

29 minutes ago, MJCphoto said:

Can I go back to an older version where all the tools are still on my screen?

Which tools in which persona do you mean? And do you mean tools or toolbar items? AFAIK, all of both from the older versions are still available, plus a few new ones.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

On 8/19/2019 at 1:35 PM, Lee D said:

In the Develop persona click on View > Customise Toolbar, you can drag RAW part onto the toolbar or drag the default set back to the toolbar.

Hi, thanks for answering but I'm sure it is not a tool but an indication.

On 8/18/2019 at 4:14 PM, walt.farrell said:

It's still present on Windows, but perhaps there's a Mac issue.

image.png.601f4e46dafca1d458de7af5c6b210da.png

However, your screenshots were from different raw images. Is it possible that the one with 1.7 was taken with a different camera that's not supported by the raw engine you're using? Perhaps that information is only present when the camera and/or lens are supported.

Or, is it possible that in 1.6 you were configured to use the Serif Labs raw engine, and in 1.7 you're using the Apple raw engine? Perhaps the information is present only when using the Serif engine.

Thanks! I used a different image just to show what was missing.

53 minutes ago, Red Angel said:
On 8/19/2019 at 6:35 AM, Lee D said:

Hi, thanks for answering but I'm sure it is not a tool but an indication.

What it is does not matter, only where it can appear, which is on the toolbar in the Develop persona.

Affinity Photo 

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, MJCphoto said:

I'm not very tech savvy, so it's not east to describe what I'm trying to say. But what I am still missing is where you can click on the layers that you have added to a photo. 

In the Develop Persona you are usually working on a Raw image, which does not have layers.

If you want to use the Develop Persona on an already developed image, you can do so by selecting a pixel layer before clicking on the Develop Persona. When in the Develop Persona you are working on just that single pixel layer that you selected. You do not have access to the other layers; that is a function of the Photo Persona.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thanks Walt, I believe I'm stuck in Develop Persona. Before the latest update I would open AF and my tool bar (crop, dodge/burn, paint brush, etc.) would be visible on the left side of my screen, and my layers would be visible on the right side. I just can't find a way to get back to that. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

1 hour ago, MJCphoto said:

Thanks Walt, I believe I'm stuck in Develop Persona. Before the latest update I would open AF and my tool bar (crop, dodge/burn, paint brush, etc.) would be visible on the left side of my screen, and my layers would be visible on the right side. I just can't find a way to get back to that. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

The persona you are currently in should be the one selected on the main toolbar, usually the first item on the left of that toolbar. If you do not see that group of toolbar buttons (five buttons for AP), you can use View > Customize Toolbar to place it there, or just drag the Default set into the toolbar.

You also should make sure that the context toolbar is visible. You can do that on the View menu by making sure "Show Context Toolbar" is ticked.

So if you are 'stuck' in the Develop persona, click either the blue "Develop" or the "Cancel" button on the context toolbar to exit the Develop persona.

Note that the Tools are in the Tools panel (identified as "Tools" in the View menu). It is not a toolbar. Also, the usual abbreviation for Affinity Photo is AP, not AF.

Affinity Photo