Hi. I read the only way to scale using specific values is by applying for.ex. =/2 within the dimension box. 

It works for me, sometimes it does and sometimes it does not. Is this a bug or I am missing something ? 

Sometimes I need to select my lines and de-select them and then select them again. Now is not working regardless of what I do. 

Any insights about this? Not other method to scale by a number/percentage? 

Thanks

You can enter 50% in a dimension box.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.7 and Designer 1.7, (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

2 hours ago, Bruno S said:

=/2 within the dimension box. 

It works for me, sometimes it does and sometimes it does not. Is this a bug or I am missing something ? 

• I never entered the = , and I have not experienced a calculation that did not work.
• Make sure to keep a space before (or after) your entry and the existing.
• Ignore and don't type the unit, unless you want to make a calculation in a different unit than your current unit.

macOS 10.12.6,  Macbook Pro 15" + Eizo 24"

3 hours ago, Bruno S said:

=/2 within the dimension box

Where the ‘=‘ sign is required, it needs to go after the operator; e.g. +=2 to add 2 to the current value (instead of setting the value to 2, as +2 would do). So the correct format for division is /2 or /=2, not =/2.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iPadOS 13.2.2 (iPad Air 2)

Often needed and used in prog languages for shorter typing expressions. - In Affinity these are (more or less) supported ...

Sizing expression examples

Use when resizing a document or transforming an object via the Transform panel.

Input Result
+=20   Increase value by 20.
-=20   Decrease value by 20.
*2   Double size.
/2   Divide in half.
50%, *0.5   Decrease by half.
120%, *1.2   20% bigger.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.7.3 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.7.3 ◆ OSX El Capitan