I just bought them this morning, and indeed I have the same effect on the monitor when zooming way in.  However, they are indeed Vector brushes, and look fantastic in print.  

Hi Eccentric Wonder,

There are some vector brushes that are made from images that are stretched a long a vector path - this is the case with the Grave Etcher ones.

On 8/19/2019 at 6:00 AM, Sean P said:

Hi Eccentric Wonder,

There are some vector brushes that are made from images that are stretched a long a vector path - this is the case with the Grave Etcher ones.

This is unfortunate as I needed them to be vector and am disappointed they are raster images attached to vector curves. A tad misleading I think to market them as vector when they aren't.

On 9/5/2019 at 1:26 PM, retrograde said:

A tad misleading I think to market them as vector when they aren't.

I Agree. I needed vector brush for serigraphy artwork and get pixel brushes (even if they are streched along a vector path).

I can't vectorise stroke for example.

The brush and their effect are great but should not be sell as vector brush...

On 8/19/2019 at 6:00 AM, Sean P said:

Hi Eccentric Wonder,

So to confirm, this is not a shortcoming of Designer not being able to support true vector brushes?