You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crashing when printing

Using Affinity Publisher 1.7.2 on an iMac running 10.13.6. I am using a Canon MP990 pinter. I was trying to print a draft of the magazine I was working on which has 22 pages. I set up the printer to print duplex. I pressed print got the printer screen where I specified duplex printing, and printing from the front cassette. Quality wasn’t an issue as it was just a rough draft. I pressed print on the print window. Affinity sent me a message that some text was overflowing. I pressed the ignore option. Then I got a window showing the product was loading and then Affinity crashed. It did this three times in a row. I had only tried to print a few pages after I started the project. It seemed to work that time, but not today. The original printing was before I upgraded to the latest version

Edited by Tony Goldman
Some typos

I have the same issue, and it's such a job-stopper that I signed up with this forum just to report it. The old version printed correctly, but the new version (1.7.2) on a MacBook Pro running 10.14.6 just crashes out. This is on a document with two pages.

I have crash reports, if they're of any use.

• Staff

Hi,

There is an issue in 1.7.2 where the program may crash when printing if the file contains an embedded document.

For now if you want to print your file you can either:

• If you have the Affinity Store version of the product, downgrade to 1.7.1 here
  • Export to PDF and print from there
  • Rasterise the embedded documents before printing

Apologies for the inconvenience.

If you could upload your file here it would be appreciated

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com