You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Brush options

Please make an auto-clean paint mixer brush button and/or give us a hotkey to clean the brush. We need better brush organization options and a brush history recording panel - or at least keep the brush we are using highlighted so we don't have to go through several brushes to relocate brush we were using. Tilt and flip shape option would be very helpful too. I am a digital hoarder when it comes to collecting brushes. I spent a week organizing half of the brushes I have because moving them around inside Affinity Photo stalled and crashed the program over and over.  Thanks for your attention to my request. I know y'all are probably working on this already. :)  Angela

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/17/2019 at 4:44 PM, angier said:

Please make an auto-clean paint mixer brush button and/or give us a hotkey to clean the brush. We need better brush organization options and a brush history recording panel - or at least keep the brush we are using highlighted so we don't have to go through several brushes to relocate brush we were using. Tilt and flip shape option would be very helpful too. I am a digital hoarder when it comes to collecting brushes. I spent a week organizing half of the brushes I have because moving them around inside Affinity Photo stalled and crashed the program over and over.  Thanks for your attention to my request. I know y'all are probably working on this already. :)  Angela

One reason I have stopped using Affinity Photo for bitmap illustration is the no-tilt bitmap brushes, at least I can not find it... In all my other painting / drawing software I can set "tilt" for every brush. Like in ClipStudio where I just click the "tilt" in the brush editor and there it is... 

Or... have I missed something, is the a tilt setting in Affinity?

Thanks for bringing the tilt question up! :)

The reason for tilting a brush is just like I show in this small graphic (made using another software on my Surface 6) is shading. This simple brush, a 1.5 Soft Pencil, shades extremely well when I tilt my Surface pen. Just like when I use my graphite pencil Staedtler Lumograph 9B on paper, I can do the same in this other software, but not so well in Affinity. 

Because of the no-tilt in Affinity, I do not use it for illustration much. Or not at all. I know Adobe Fresco is on it's way. With tilting...

Illustration3.jpg