You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer hangs when switching to Export persona with empty document

GarryP

Windows 10 Home 1903, Designer 1.7.2.471.

Steps to reproduce:

* Open Designer;
* Create new document;
* Switch to Export persona;
* Application hangs.

I don’t think many people would want to do this in practice but I don’t think they should be penalised for doing so.

Hi Gary

I noticed this one yesterday..It occurs in the latest beta and .1.7.2 live release

but....I managed to get around it ......by doing a reset (Control + click Icon) (top 3 checkboxes) and a PC restart...It seemed to clear the issue...has not re-presented itself yet!

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.1 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 2.2356
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

Thanks for the tip StuartRc.
I’ve just noticed that I can move to the Pixel Persona or the Export Persona without having an open document. It’s the same with the Export Persona in Photo. I’m not sure what this should give me but it doesn’t seem to be particularly useful.
I can also switch to the Designer and Photo Personas in Publisher without an open document but I can imagine why I might want to do that so that’s probably okay in this case.

• Staff

Hi Guys,

Thanks for letting us know, I've reproduced this on my machine and will get it passed on to development. In the meantime StuartRc's workaround should work - it did for me. It is certainly something in your AppData that is doing it. 

If you could attach a copy before you Ctrl+Run up that would be very helpful!

Thanks.

• Staff

Thank you! We've narrowed down the problem to being the actual Slices Panel. Unfortunately a Ctrl+Run up doesn't solve it, it just masks the issue as it makes the Layers Panel visible. So when you get in, as soon as you click the Slices Panel (with a new document w/ artboard) it will cause the crash again!

Argghhh!....See what you mean!O.o...nasty!

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.1 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 2.2356
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I've just registered on the forums but have been using AD and AP for a little while now but have recently let go of Illustrators hand completely and for the most part it's been great, I hope Serif is putting a good dent in Adobe's sales. They've gotten too big and their customer service is terrible. Anyway, I too can confirm this issue, I've just tried to use the export persona, same problem here, keeps hanging. Is this a problem on all Windows versions of AD or are only a few people experiencing this issue?

I also recently had a problem with accessing my AppData folder and had to "reclaim" ownership of my own files otherwise I couldn't access the folder. I also went back to Windows again after about 10 years, Apple too has gotten too big, time for the giants to take a bit of a knock.