You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity 1.7.2 Lost Lens Data

I just upgraded from version 1.7.1 to version 1.7.2 and my lens is no longer listed on the lens profile when I enter the develop mode.  It did get listed in version 1.7.1.  This is in the lens correction panel.  The information listed at the top with the camera make and model and the lens make and model are correct.

I tried to go back to version 1.7.1 and the install failed.  I would like to have a version that supports my lens.  What can I do?

Thanks.

Capture.PNG

• Staff

Previous to updating did you add any other LensFun database files to Affinity Photo via Preferences > General, if so add them again. If not, can you provide a link to one of the RAW files you're importing and I'll do some testing with the previous and new version when back in the office as some changes to Lens Correction have been done.

Lee,

Thanks so much for your prompt reply.  As a company, you have been extremely responsive to all of my requests for support from the days of the Serif photo programs on.

I did not add any lens data.  As a matter of fact, I was pleasantly surprised and pleased that my favorite walk-around lens magically appeared when I installed version 1.7.1.  It makes my pictures look so much better.

Here is a link to a folder that contains two files:

1.  An older file with a different Sigma lens that is recognized by version 1.7.2

2.  A recent file, the same one in my example that would have been recognized in version 1.7.1 but is not in version 1.7.2.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoSjLwroAG_-g8xAxKDFh52LIV4cig

I hope this helps.  Let me know if I can be of further debugging assistance.

--Randy

Lee,

I realized this morning that I had the same "old" version of Affinity Photo (1.1.1.404) on my travel tablet.  I brought up one of the CR2 images from the Ireland trip that used the Sigma 18-300 lens.  I did a screen capture of the develop persona that shows the lens being identified in both places and the lens corrections being applied.

If the lens can't be added to version 1.7.2, I would be perfectly happy to back to the version of 1.7.1.404 that works.

Thanks.

--Randy

SnipImage.JPG

I have a similar problem.

In 1.7.1. my lens will be correctly identified as Tamron 24-70, but now it's Sigma 24-70 or Tamron 24-70 without any correction.

I guess it's up to LensFun, so would it be possible to select at least the correct lens manually in Develop Persona in future versions?

Lens Correction.PNG

• Staff

Hi Randy Williams,

After installing 1.7.1.404 again, I can confirm your issue here.

I will get this looked into by the developers for you.

@amekassa89 - can you confirm your lens and supply a file so I can chase this too?

You can reinstall 1.7.1 from here if you need to:
https://store.serif.com/en-gb/update/windows/photo/1/

• Staff

Yes—take 1.7.2 off first and then try again. The error message is so vague though. I've seen this when two instances of the installation are going at once. Make sure you've rebooted and aren't running any anti-virus software whilst you attempt the install. 

• Staff

@Randy Williams

To know when a new release is made and what is in it follow this thread Latest Affinity releases on each platform by store

To know when a new macOS beta is available follow this thread Affinity Range Mac Beta Release Notifications

To know when a new Windows beta is available follow this thread Affinity Range Windows Beta Release Notifications

The links in those threads will always point to announcement threads that say what changes are included.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon