You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Masks do not work! URGENT - HIGHEST PRIORITY

23 hours ago, Wosven said:

Sometimes it's easier to provide a sample file to help understand, when screenshots don't help. We're not pro or anti, we just want to help, and it's not always easy :)

I made a test file. I opened it in version 1.7.1 and 1.7.2 and as you can see, the result is different. I share a link to the file. Is this a bug? Is it the new way of interpreting masks?

LINK

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zj9dKxKma_02xeRkDW_0vN36iqeNON-m/view?usp=sharing

172.thumb.JPG.257627536dde4339a087811e102e3bef.JPG171.thumb.JPG.ea6db386e815303294f192486ea8c4a2.JPG

I am also experiencing this bug since updating from 1.7.1 to 1.7.2

For the configuration in my screenshot;

Old (1.7.1):

Lens filter and Exposure adjustments are applied to all layers below the group where the mask is white

New (1.7.2):

Black section of the mask clips all layers below the group. Lens Filter and Exposure adjustments are still applied to the remainder of the image

affinity 1.7.1.404.PNG

Can confirm, this happens even when there are no adjustment layers present, mask is behaving like a general mask.
image.thumb.png.ae33ca0c2ab50b21e0e22c01ad7b405f.png

Also, if you create some adjustment layers, then group them, then mask the group, then create some positive zones in the mask; you will get the behaviour mentioned above. But if you create a pixel layer (even an empty one) and put it at the bottom of the adjustments group; the adjustments will stop working. Here is a video demonstrating it.

Just checked 1.7.2 update on MacOS - this bug also here... :( 

Looks like (for me) latest fixes for rendering filters inside groups was overdone in some directions... And crushed old behaviour. But proper rendering of filters inside groups very important thing too, so hoping both functionalities - masks on groups without pixel data and proper rendering of grouped filters - will be preserved.

Anyway, i can imagine inner complexity of AP... Definitely not an easy task to keep all working at the same time. But that`s what make AP so useful.
Keep up good work! will wait for fixed beta for now :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's fixed in the Windows 1.7.3 beta - released this week

But the 1.7.3 MAC beta has not been released as yet

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

• 7 months later...
51 minutes ago, Newoldschool said:

Hello, so? there is any fix about this? 😪

From the information above it was fixed in 1.7.3.

If you're having a problem you should probably post a new topic and describe your problem in detail.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1