You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Placing Page content in between Master Page Layers

Hello world,

I seem unable to place page content in between the elements of the master Page, i.e. have some Master Page layer always on top of Page elements/layers, and other Master Page layer always below Page elements/layers.

This is easily achieved in e.g. InDesign (and Scribus for that matter), so I am curious whether I am doing something utterly wrong or whether this is a missing feature (which I hereby request).

Greetings,

--Thomas

1 hour ago, MickRose said:

You could create 2 master pages. apply both to page. Then just move the layers.

image.png.5fbce5b7b5b60d06351b297b1d4854f9.png

WOW  --  AWESOME.

I was not aware of this, maybe I skipped this in the documentation (TLDR'd over it).

And my brain obviously is still too much hard-wired to think how "old" Publishing Apps work (a long legacy of InDesign and a short detour to Scribus here) …

Will immediately give it a try.

Thanks for the help!

• 6 months later...

Older thread, but I have since read many comments that have this same question or variant.

It seems many people are using "Master Pages" in more of a "Master Layers" way. While this works, it does feel a bit awkward. And it really shows it's weakness when creating a new page if I have to apply multiple "Master Pages" every time. If we're not going to see Layers handled the same way they were in InDesign, perhaps adding the ability to choose multiple Master Pages at the time of new page creation would help. Or even being able to create a "Master Page Group" that would apply all Master Pages in one fell swoop?